크리스마스 이브

요셉 성인께서 말씀하십니다. “찬미 예수.”

성모와* 내가 베들레헴을 향해 여정을 하면서 나는 한낮의 태양이 내리쬘 때는 마리아를 좀 더 시원하게 해 주고, 밤에는 좀 더 따뜻하게 해 주는 등 마리아를 조금이라도 더 편안하게 해 주기 위해 내가 할 수 있는 모든 것을 다 하였다. 마리아는 결코 한 번도 불평하지 않았지만, 마리아가 말하지 않더라도 나는 무엇이 필요한지를 알았다. 베들레헴에 도착한 후 마땅한 거처를 찾지 못했을 때의 우리의 실망감은 신뢰하는 사랑 속에 하느님 아버지께 의탁 되었다. 우리는 우리를 위한 하느님의 계획을 두려워하지 않았으며, 그 계획이 펼쳐지기를 기다렸다. 하느님께서는 그렇게 할 수 있는 은총을 우리에게 보내주셨다.”

이것이 오늘날 세상에서 모든 영혼이 기도로 구해야만 하는 은총이다. 사탄이 일으키는 낙심에 맞서 기도하여라. 신뢰할 수 없는, 미래에 대한 두려운 생각에 맞서 기도하여라. 은총의 친교를 기다려라.”

+ 성경 구절 독서 (루카 2:6-7)

그들이 거기에 머무르는 동안 마리아는 해산 날이 되어, 첫아들을 낳았다. 그들은 아기를 포대기에 싸서 구유에 뉘었다. 여관에는 그들이 들어갈 자리가 없었던 것이다.

+ 한국어 성경: 한국 천주교회 공용 번역본 (2005)

* 복되신 동정 마리아

December 24, 2022

Christmas Eve

St Joseph says: "Praise be to Jesus."

"As the Holy Mother* and I progressed along our journey towards Bethlehem, I did all I could think of to make Her more comfortable - cooler in the midday sun - warmer at night. She never complained, but I knew Her needs without Her speaking them. Our disappointment at finding lack of suitable dwelling when we reached Bethlehem was surrendered to God the Father in trustful love. We did not fear God's Plan for us. We waited for its unfolding. God sent us the grace to do so."

"This is the grace each soul needs to pray for in the world today. Pray against Satan's discouragement. Pray against unreliable fearful anticipation of the future. Wait for the friendship of grace."

Read Luke 2:6-7+

And while they were there, the time came for her to be delivered. And she gave birth to her first-born son and wrapped him in swaddling cloths, and laid him in a manger, because there was no place for them in the inn.

+ Scripture verses asked to be read by St. Joseph. (Please note: all Scripture given by Heaven refers to the Bible used by the visionary. Ignatius Press - Holy Bible - Revised Standard Version - Second Catholic Edition.)

* Blessed Virgin Mary.